Roll Out the Welcome Mat for a YFU Teen Exchange Student!
- Organization: Youth For Understanding USA
- Causes: Civic, Educational
- Date(s): Volunteer host families sought for exchange students arriving in August. Contact now for best selection. Adult volunteer mentors needed on an ongoing basis
- Contact person: Tchi Sogoyou
- Phone: 240 273 6161
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.yfu-usa.org/
Thirty Maryland families rolled out the welcome mat to YFU exchange students in the current academic year. One Glen Burnie family has already applied to host a student for the 2013-2014 school year. Would your family enjoy this opportunity?
Youth for Understanding is a non-profit, volunteer-based organization which has been placing exchange students for 62 years. Right now, YFU is looking for some welcoming families to host exchange students for the 2013-2014 school year. Here are just a few of the teens coming to Maryland in August (until the following June). Families provide a place to live and meals, plus encouragement, guidance, love and limits. The students pay for their other expenses and become a true family member sharing in the real life fun and responsibilities of the family.
Call Tchi Sogoyou at 240 273 6161 (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask for more details on these boys and girls (and other students from 64 countries). All kinds of families host from all ethnic and educational backgrounds, different family configurations with and without children at home. Elementary and middle school host siblings are among the greatest beneficiaries of the program. Here are just some of the kids headed to Maryland homes. Maybe yours?
- Kristine from Denmark is self-motivated, open-minded, tolerant of differences, positive, flexible, she communicates well and has a good sense of humor!
- Saale from Estonia loves to play both the piano and the guitar.
- Michael from the Philipinnes is a very curious and open-minded young man who loves to ask questions.
- Nick is an adventurous German boy who likes to travel! He ahs been to Austria, Turkey, Spain, and Italy.
- Oyku from Turkey loves sports: has tried swimming, diving, gymnastics, wind surfing, and volleyball but her current passion for the past three years is dance, in particular street jazz and hip hop.
- Victoria from Germany just adores sports, especially figure skating.
- Nadia from Norway is a funny, caring girl with a talent for cheering people up!
- PLUS many more to come (from 64 countries)!
Call Tchi Sogoyou at 240 273 6161, tsogoyou@.yfu.org for information about hosting and for detailed profiles and letters of these boys and girls or to receive the list of other students available. Interested families can also fill out an online application at www.yfu-usa.org.
Plus American teens interested in becoming a YFU exchange student for a summer, semester, academic year, or gap year can also seek information on the website or by calling 1-800-TEENAGE