Rotary Club Awards Scholarships to High School Seniors
The scholarships will be awarded at the Lake Shore Rotary Club's Family Fun Day on Sept. 29.
Each year the Lake Shore Rotary Club gives out scholarships to local high school seniors pursuing a college education. The winners will be presented their scholarships at the Family Fun Day on Sept. 29.
The Lake Shore Rotary Club gives out five scholarships every year. Two go to Northeast graduates, two go to Chesapeake grads, and the third is given in honor of the estate of Vernon Frame, which has offices on Fort Smallwood Road. The Frame scholarship goes to a student who is going to study law.
Here is a rundown of this year's winners according to Fran Ouellette, chairman of Pasadena Family Fun Day.
- Chesapeake recipients: Austin Murdock and Mark Ritterpusch.
- Northeast recipients: Brandon Quade and Emily Hood.
- Vernon Frame Scholarship: Ryan Martin.
"The Rotary Club of Lake Shore, Pasadena, continues to be supportive of high school students continuing their education by going on to an institution of higher learning," Ouellette said in an email to Patch. "The world we live in can only get better by preparing children to be outstanding citizens in the world. Their chosen fields of endeavor and the education that follows gives us mature adults who contribute through their professions."
The Lake Shore Rotary Club will host Family Fun Day at the Pasadena Golf Center from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 29.
Tickets for the event can be picked up at the following locations:
- North Arundel Savings Bank, Mountain Road
- Bank of Glen Burnie, Fort Smallwood Branch
- Sanders Jewelers, Magothy Beach Road
- Pasadena Golf Center, Mountain Road
- Ventor Marina, Ventor Road
- X Salonce Salon, Fort Smallwood Road