Pasadena Senior Center Announces February Schedule
Black history, musical nostalgia and weight loss are all on the program.
The Pasadena Senior Activity Center on Mountain Road announced the February schedule of activities. Here is what’s on the schedule this month:
- Wayne Schaumburg will return to the center at 10 a.m. Feb. 15 to commemorate Black History Month with a slide show and lecture on the rich African-American history in Baltimore. Those wishing to attend should sign up by Feb. 8.
- Vintage Entertainment, featuring Frank and Trish Curreri, will perform, “The Glory of Love,” at 12:30 p.m. Feb. 10 at the center. The show presents the journey of love through songs from the 1940s to the 1960s. Thos interested should sign up at the front desk.
- Trying to lose some weight in the New Year? The center is offering two programs which might be helpful. A “Mindful Eating” weight loss workshop will meet from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Feb. 7, 14, 21, and 28 at the center. For information, call the center at 410-222-0030.
- Sign up by Feb. 16 for “Chefs on the Go” from 10 a.m. to noon Feb. 23 at the center. The cost is $5 per member. Space is limited. Rosalie Falter will prepare a New Orleans lunch, with recipes featuring typical spices and herbs found in the cuisine of the New Orleans area. Sample tastings are planned. The menu includes chicken cakes with Creole sauce, green pea salad, and chocolate cornstarch pudding.
- Celebrate Mardi Gras with New Orleans-style entertainment featuring Tracey Eldridge and Brian Simms at noon Feb. 23. Sign up by Feb. 16.
- On Feb. 17 and again on March 23 members will take a trip to Harrington Casino in Delaware. The cost is $25, including $15 game money and $13.95 buffet. Seats are limited. The trip desk at the center is open for reservations from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday.
- Reservations are being taken now for a trip on March 15 to the Dutch Apple Dinner Theater in Pennsylvania for a performance of “9 to 5 The Musical.” The $74 fee includes transportation, taxes, and gratuities. The trip desk is open for reservations from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday.
Information compiled by Mary Felter