Winning Words from School Spelling Bees
Patch asked the school champs what their winning word was as they prepare for the Anne Arundel County Spelling Bee on Saturday.
On Saturday, 32 students are set to compete in the 25th annual Anne Arundel County Spelling Bee. The winning word last year was Damoclean.
Patch asked students what their winning word was in their school competition (click links for more about each student).
- Ardent—Isabelle Simmons, Montessori International Children's House
- Chlorination—Olivia Simmons, Wiley H. Bates Middle School
- Commodity—Hanna Mathews, Brooklyn Park Middle School
- Curiosity—Connor Scotton, St. Martin’s Lutheran School
- Conqueror—Julia Leney, The Key School
- Convention—Mikey Howerton, School of the Incarnation
- Exception—Mehul Sachdev, Chesapeake Academy
- Expeditiously—Esther Lim, Corkran Middle School
- Ingredient—Allison Skillin, Annapolis Middle School
- Jingoism—Alyssa Hall, Annapolis Area Christian School
- Personage—James Novak, Old Mill Middle North
- Provincial—An Thai, Old Mill Middle South