The amount is $55 million less than the one approved for the current fiscal year by the Anne Arundel County Council in June.
Of the two school system budgets, the capital budget mostly consists of construction projects. The operating budget, which includes teacher salaries, is normally unveiled in December.
than 65 percent of the school system's capital budget request is composed of 13 school-specific projects. In priority order, they are:
● Annapolis Elementary revitalization, $3.3 million
● Lothian Elementary replacement, $7.8 million
● Crofton Elementary revitalization, $3.5 million
● Mills-Parole Elementary revitalization, $3.6 million
● Rolling Knolls Elementary replacement, $18.1 million
● Benfield Elementary revitalization, $14.5 million
● West Annapolis Elementary modernization, $12.5 million
● Severna Park High replacement, $50 million
● Manor View Elementary feasibility study/design, $2.4 million
● High Point Elementary feasibility study/design, $3.1 million
● George Cromwell Elementary design, $2.1 million
● Jessup Elementary design, $2.6 million
● Arnold Elementary design, $2.6 million
The board is scheduled to discuss and vote on the budget after a public hearing at its Sept. 25, meeting. Once the budget is adopted, the County Council must incorporate it into its overall budget in June.