Former Anne Arundel County Executive John Leopold was sentenced to two years in jail with all but 60 days suspended.
Leopold was sentenced Thursday in Anne Arundel Circuit Court in Annapolis. He was convicted of two counts of misconduct in office in January.
According to ABC News Leopold will serve 30 days in jail and 30 days on house arrest. He will also pay a $100,000 fine and is expected to complete 400 hours of community service.
This is a breaking news story. Patch will update it when more information is available.
- Leopold Motion for Second Trial Dismissed
- POLL: Did Leopold Do the Right Thing by Resigning?
- Leopold's Sentencing Set for March 14
- Attorney Urges County Council to Postpone Removal of Executive
- Executive's Job on the Line in Emergency Vote by Council