Curtis Bay Fire Causes $5,000 in Damage

Fire officials said the house fire occurred early Tuesday.

A fire in a Curtis Bay home Tuesday morning caused $5,000 in damages, according to an Anne Arundel County Fire Department spokesman.

County fire department chief Michael Cox said crews responded to a house fire in the 400 block of Carvel Beach Road at 3:13 a.m. When they arrived, they found smoke coming from the second floor of a two-story, single family home.

Firefighters entered the home and found a fire in the ceiling of the second floor, which they were able to extinguish quickly.

Cox said the department believes a malfunctioning exhaust fan caused the fire. The fire caused $5,000 in damages, but the residents were able to stay in the home. No one was injured.

Odenton-Severn Patch Editor Tim Lemke contributed to this report.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »