A fire in a Curtis Bay home Tuesday morning caused $5,000 in damages, according to an Anne Arundel County Fire Department spokesman.
County fire department chief Michael Cox said crews responded to a house fire in the 400 block of Carvel Beach Road at 3:13 a.m. When they arrived, they found smoke coming from the second floor of a two-story, single family home.
Firefighters entered the home and found a fire in the ceiling of the second floor, which they were able to extinguish quickly.
Cox said the department believes a malfunctioning exhaust fan caused the fire. The fire caused $5,000 in damages, but the residents were able to stay in the home. No one was injured.