House Catches Fire in Lake Shore Overnight

It took 45 firefighters to put out the blaze, which started when a dehumidifier caught fire.

A two-story home in Lake Shore caught fire early Thursday morning, sparked by a malfunctioning dehumidifier.

Battalion Chief Steve Thompson of the Anne Arundel County Fire Department said 45 firefighters responded to the scene at the 8300 block of Fairwood Drive. The initial call came in at about 3:10 a.m., with reports of heavy smoke coming from the front of the single-family home.

Thompson said the owners of the home escaped unhurt, and there were no other reports of injuries.

He said the blaze started when a dehumidifier caught fire. There was no immediate estimate on the amount of damage to the house.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »