.

House Fire Displaces Family of Seven

No one was hurt in the fire in a duplex on Kings Road Thursday morning. Fire officials said it started when a child used a cigarette lighter.

A family of seven has been displaced after a fire damaged a room in their duplex in Pasadena. 

Batallion Chief Steve Thompson of the Anne Arundel County Fire Department said units responded at 9:50 a.m. Thursday morning to a fire at the 1000 block of Kings Road. The arrived to find a fire in one room of the house. They entered and were able to keep it contained. The fire was under control by about 10:15 a.m., Thompson said. 

The Red Cross was contacted to assist the family, which included three adults and four children.

Thompson said an investigation indicates the fire began when a child improperly used a cigarette lighter.

The house sustained $20,000 in damage, Thompson said. 

jesse55jp September 16, 2012 at 01:10 AM
So the house was saved and people evacuated because the fire dept came? That was nice of them. Hey, let's make them work more hours, cut a shift, increase their pension, decrease their benefits and make less paramedics available to show our token of appreciation.....

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »