The weather in the Baltimore area is pretty rotten, so it's perfectly OK to dream of spring.
The Baltimore Orioles are making it easier this week, as the team announced that single game tickets will go on sale Saturday at 10 a.m. The Birds will open against the Minnesota Twins on April 5.
The Orioles also announced the promotional schedule for the year. Highlights include:
- T-shirt days (May 29, July 9 and Sept. 26)
- 1983 World Champs Floppy Hat Day (July 12)
- Adam Jones replica away jersey (July 13)
- Fireworks (June 14, July 12, Aug. 23, Sept. 27)
- Kids run the based (July 14, Aug. 4)
- Little League Day (April 21, May 19)
Orioles fans should also note that the team will be more visible on national television in 2013. ESPN announced that the April 14 game against the Yankees will air on the cable network's Sunday Night Baseball, marking the Orioles' first appearance there since 2008.