Looking for places to volunteer around the area? Check out Saturday's Volunteer Fair.
Learn about volunteer opportunities in the county and meet your local Patch editors at in Millersville on Saturday.
The Volunteer Fair will feature representatives from 13 county nonprofits and agencies at the park's Visitor's Center.
Local Patch editors will be assisting the Volunteer Center at the event and will offer giveaways to fair attendees while supplies last.
Here are the organizations you can learn more about on Saturday:
- Anne Arundel County Department of Recreation and Parks
- Friends of Anne Arundel County Trails
- Friends of Kinder Farm Park
- Friends of Quiet Waters Park
- RSVP/Department of Aging and Disabilities/Foster Grandparents
- Pets on Wheels
- Volunteer Center of Anne Arundel County including the FLEX volunteer program and Treasure Hunters Clearinghouse
- Meals on Wheels
- STARS – Woodland Job Corps
- Maryland Therapeutic Riding
- Assistance League of the Chesapeake
- Partners In Care
- Sarah’s House
- Youth Golf Network
- Department of Social Services
- Bello Machre
Audrey Allen, a representative from the American Cancer Society, will be at the fair to talk about a Cancer Prevention Study-3 (CPS-3). The study offers people who have never been diagnosed with cancer a chance to participate in a research study, according to a news announcement.
The study will help researchers better understand the lifestyle, environmental and genetic factors that may cause or prevent cancer, according to the news announcement.
Eligible area residents can enroll in CPS-3 throughout Anne Arundel County during the week of June 10-16.
The Volunteer Center will have a Mother's and Father's Day hands-on project of making cards for Meals on Wheels to distribute.
For more information, call the Volunteer Center at 410-897-9207.