Several agencies from across the county will meet at Anne Arundel Community College on Tuesday to discuss solutions to preventing tragedies close to home.
Anne Arundel County Crisis Response System
- Anne Arundel Community College
- Anne Arundel County Department Of Health
- Anne Arundel County Detention Services
- Anne Arundel County Mental Health Agency
- Anne Arundel County Police
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools
- Anne Arundel Medical Center
- Baltimore Washington Medical Center
- Anne Arundel County
- Anne Arundel County Department Of Aging And Disabilities
Monday, February 11, 2013
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
The recent school shooting in Newtown, CT, has brought to light the need to identify and treat those in the community with mental illness.
A forum to discuss mental health initiatives will be held in February 2013 to provide updates on what improvements can be made in Anne Arundel County, including adding school resource officers to more public schools. The county released the following information on Tuesday: County Executive John R. Leopold today announced that he will host a forum to discuss mental health initiatives in the wake of the Connecticut shooting and other tragedies across the nation. “Mental health is a key piece in our discussion about how to prevent these terrible events, which often a perpetrated by a lone gunman who goes unnoticed until the unthinkable happens,” County Executive Leopold said. “We can do more as a community to stop these ticking time bombs …