6 Bank Branches Close In Anne Arundel County, Including 1 In Pasadena
ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY, MD - PNC Bank recently closed six of its branches in Anne Arundel County, a report said.
All six were located inside Giant Food grocery stores. The affected Giant stores are still open. Only the PNCs inside them are closed.
The shuttered branches were inside the Giants in:
- Edgewater (13 Lee Airpark Drive)
- Glen Burnie (6636 N. Ritchie Highway)
- Annapolis (948 Bay Ridge Road)
- Odenton (1155 Annapolis Road)
- Pasadena (4315 Mountain Road)
- Severna Park (573 Ritchie Highway, Suite 1)
PNC’s branch locator no longer lists these locations.
Some of the closures were near a stand-alone PNC branch.
The branch inside the Edgewater Giant was in the same shopping center as a full PNC branch. The PNC in the Severna Park Giant was across the street from a stand-alone branch. The Odenton Giant is a half-mile from a full PNC.
Glen Burnie (2.1 miles), Annapolis (4.2 miles) and Pasadena (5.6 miles) were all slightly further from a full branch.
The branch in the Odenton Giant closed on Aug. 18, a sign posted outside the former location said.
This round of closures saw the end of 20 Maryland branches. Eight were in Prince George’s County, three were in Montgomery County, two were in Baltimore City and one was in Baltimore County. Six also closed in Northern Virginia.
PNC previously announced that it was closing 135 in-store branches across five states, the Washington Business Journal reported.
"We remain committed to delivering on our purpose to move all forward financially, and we are confident that we can meet or exceed our customers’ needs at nearby branch locations, alongside other available methods of banking," a PNC spokesperson said, according to the WBJ's report.
To learn more about PNC’s consolidation, read the Washington Business Journal's full story.
Patch reporter Michael O’Connell contributed reporting to this article.
More News from Pasadena
- Anne Arundel Schools Receive Top Scores For Exemplary Maintenance Standards Anne Arundel County schools achieved an overall score of 75.51% in the annual IAC report on school maintenance - the highest among Maryland school districts.
- Tropical Storm Ophelia Weather Decisions In MD: Renn Fest, Bay Bridge Paddle, Oktoberfest Tropical Storm Ophelia forced many weather decisions in Anne Arundel. Here's the latest on the Renaissance Festival, the Bay Bridge Paddle, Oktoberfest and more.