Fatal Pasadena House Fire Claims Woman, Hospitalizes Man: Report
PASADENA, MD - Officials said a Saturday house fire killed a woman, hospitalized a man and displaced four others in Pasadena.
The Anne Arundel County Fire Department identified the deceased victim as homeowner Kathleen Lewis. She was 64.
Investigators said the blaze also caused about $175,000 in damage.
A resident called 911 to report the fire in the 900 block of 220th Street around 3:04 p.m. The caller told dispatchers his home was on fire and somebody was trapped inside, a press release said.
First responders said they found Lewis inside the home and pronounced her dead on the scene.
Firefighters described the home as a two-story duplex. They said two adults and two teenagers in the adjoining unit were displaced. The American Red Cross is assisting them with housing.
A team of 60 firefighters said they contained the one-alarm blaze in 15 minutes.
The AACoFD said it worked with the:
- Annapolis Fire Department
- Anne Arundel County Crisis Response
- Anne Arundel County Police Department
- Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
This was Anne Arundel County's fifth fire-related death of 2023. Firefighters said these were the other victims:
- May 3, 2023 - John S. Billing, 54, died from injuries sustained during a fire at his home. The home did have working smoke alarms.
- May 5, 2023 - Anthony Slough, 59, died from injuries sustained during a fire at a home he was living in. The home did not have smoke detectors.
- June 5, 2023 - Mark A. Harvey, 50, died from injuries sustained due to the fire he intentionally set during a police-related incident.
- Saturday, June 10, 2023 - Marianne Forrest, 64, died from injuries sustained during a fire at her home.
This map shows the area where officials said the fire happened.
More News from Pasadena
- Cheapest Places To Live In MD Revealed In New Ranking These are the 25 cheapest places to live in Maryland, according to a new ranking.
- Stabbings In Taco Bell, Near Royal Farms Hospitalize Victims In Annapolis: Reports A Taco Bell employee stabbed a colleague in Annapolis, a report said. Two Royal Farms workers helped investigate a stabbing near their store.